Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller
The Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller is a cross-platform plug-in for digital audio workstations which offers the possibility of M/S processing. It can be used for making changes to the stereo image of a stereo audio signal by adjusting the gain of the mid and side components. The Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller is particularly interesting for mastering engineers.
Salesprice with discount:
Sales price: 6.99 €
The Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller splits a stereo audio signal into its mid and side components and gives control over their gain. It is possible to separately adjust the gain of the mid, left and right components by using the corresponding fader. Hereby you can make creative changes to the stereo image of your mixes. For example: Enhance the stereo image by reducing the mid component. Or shrink/displace the stereo image by changing the gain of the side components. After gain adjustment the mid and side signals are transformed back to an ordinary stereo signal.
The Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller can also be used for advanced mid/side processing. For that two instances of the Mid/Side Controller work on two tracks including the same audio. On the first track the Mid/Side Controller provides the mid signal. On the second track it provides the side signals. Now you can separately manipulate each signal as you want. For instance boost the highs on the side signals. By this you add air and space without muddying up the lead vocals. When mid/side processing is done the two tracks are summed (by routing to main or sub-mix in you digital audio workstation). This reveals the ordinary stereo signal.
- Mid/side encoding & decoding.
- Gives you control over the gain of the mid and side components of a stereo track.
- Allows you to enhance, shrink and displace the stereo image of a mix. Even it's possible to create asymmetric stereo images.
- Possibility of advanced mid/side processing.
- Side channels swapping (phase flipping).
- Link/unlink faders of side components.
- Mid or side solo listening.
- Host automation.
- Mixing: Enhance the stereo image of backing vocals, guitars, synthesizers, etc.
- Mastering: Correct stereo image. E.g. mono the bass-band.
- Mastering: Add air and space.
- Mastering: Reduce the reverberation of a mix.
- Film post-production: Adjust the apparent distance and position of sound sources.
- Operating Systems (32-bit and 64-bit): Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP / OS X 10.6+.
- Formats: Windows (VST) / OS X (VST and Audio Units).
- ZIP archive including .dll file for Windows respectively .component and .vst files for OS X.
- All plug-ins are available as 32-bit and 64-bit version.